Giambrone is a leading global law firm based in the city with international offices across Europe and North Africa offering full corporate commercial legal services.
We are now looking to bolster our financial services litigation department with two strategic hires. We are looking to add a junior level paralegal alongside a senior level lawyer, however we are open to seeing mid-level lawyers who have the drive and passion to pursue a senior opportunity.
Our firm's culture is friendly, informal and we are proud of our strong employee retention and engagement
Main Purpose of the Job
To support and assist fee earners in the Financial Services Litigation Department in carrying out duties and where appropriate to deal with clients and their legal problems.
Key Result Areas
- Undertaking research on forex and binary options brokers including international Companies’ House searches.
- Undertaking extensive due diligence on forex and binary options brokers
- Assisting clients with chargeback and s75 claims.
- Assisting fee earners in progressing cases and effective case management, including (but not exclusively) arranging and attending conferences, research, responding to post, telephone enquiries and queries from clients, other professionals/experts, colleagues and third parties in order to progress cases effectively and efficiently.
- Carrying out administrative duties as appropriate.
- Completion of delegated tasks within given timescale.
- Law Degree OR Cilex qualifications
- Previous experience of working in a law firm/legal environment
- Experience of case work involving civil litigation
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Research skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of CPR
- Relevant up to date legislation knowledge
- Discretion and ability to work in a confidential environment
- Pleasant Approachable, patient, polite
- Ability to work amidst frequent interruptions
What you'll get in return
The salary for this role will be dependent on the candidate’s experience. We also offer performance related bonus, generous holiday entitlement and an excellent benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref: FXLON30/2016.
Exceptional customer service is always our first priority at Giambrone, but with the number of applications we receive for some of our roles, it is not always possible to get back to everyone individually.
If you do not hear from us within 7 days, it means in this instance your application has not been taken any further, and we will not have kept your details. We hope that you will apply again for any positions that interest you in the future.