Gonzalo Butori is an Of Counsel at Giambrone's London office.
Gonzalo provides invaluable assistance and andvice to Giambrone's Private Client and Wealth Management team.
He advises UK and international individuals and trustees on tax, trust, estate and succession planning issues. He regularly advises on complex cross-border tax and succession planning, pre-arrival planning for non-domiciliaries coming to Spain and HMRC enquiries, and has particular expertise in UK-Spanish personal tax planning.
Example of notable cases include:
- Assisting six UK based heirs in a cross-border UK-Spanish probate which involved and estate worth over €1,3 million
- Advised a high net worth US client on the purchase of two residential villas in Mallorca
- Assisting an American Trustee in a cross-border US-Spanish complex international probate involving an American Trust with three final beneficiaries. The estate was composed of movable and unmovable assets worth over €500,000;
- Assisting our UK based client in a cross-border UK-Spanish high profile contested probate. The dispute involved an estate worth £3,5 million Sterling Pounds which was successfully resolved in mediation;
- Assisting our UK based client in a cross-border UK-Spanish probate to enforce the last English Will & Testament in Spain;
- Appeal in front of the High Court of Malaga, representing a UK client in relation to an off plan property purchase;
- Assisting a UK client with a personal injury matter in which we negotiated with a major insurance company claiming the client’s indemnity;
- Assisting a Spanish company with international presence providing them with a full service to set up their Italian branch in Rome, providing them also with the all subsequent tax and legal assistance they required
Gonzalo is fluent in English and Spanish and Italian. He started his professional career at Giambrone in 2013.