Clerk in the Client Services Team
Giambrone is an international law firm with offices in the heart of legal London. We are seeking an experienced clerk to join our Client Services and On-Boarding team.
The firm operates through different entities in each jurisdiction under Giambrone. Working as a clerk, you will be responsible for dealing with new enquires for all entities (firms) within the Giambrone group, liaising with the lawyers to provide fee estimates, drafting and sending letters of engagement, dealing with the administrative side of client on-boarding, maintaining client relationships administering the billing of files for the fee earners. The role is integral to the success of the firm, both as a legal practice and as a business.
This is a demanding but rewarding role within a well-established team, for which you need to possess a combination of commercial acumen, legal knowledge and strong interpersonal skills.
You can expect to be undertaking the following tasks on a day-to-day basis:
- discussing with a client the most appropriate lawyer to take the case in terms of specialisation, particular abilities, experience and availability (being aware of any potential conflict of interest);
- negotiating fees to be charged;
- arranging meetings;
- informing the clients of progress and, in the case of a delay, renegotiating the agreed timetable of work as required;
- proactively seeking work for the firm by undertaking marketing activities, such as assisting in seminars and hosted events;
- keeping up-to-date with specific areas of law and the specialisms of the lawyers within the firm;
- running business activities and the administrative systems to meet quality standards;
- keeping accounts and arranging the collection of case fees.
The salary is competitive and negotiable (depending on experience) and there will be a performance-related element if targets are met.
- excellent face-to-face communication and interpersonal skills for dealing with clients, barristers, solicitors, court officials.
- an awareness of appropriate business language and etiquette.
- a good telephone manner and strong written communication skills.
- excellent negotiation skills.
- commercial awareness and sales skills, to maintain the supply of work.
- attention to detail and accuracy.
- computer literacy.
- the capacity to absorb a lot of information.
- initiative, integrity and self-motivation.
- organisational and planning ability.
- a reasonable knowledge of the different areas of law, in order to appreciate which barrister might be appropriate for a potential case.
- the ability to work under pressure.
- dedication to having a career in the specific role as clerk.
- the capacity to work as part of a team.
To register your interest in this role please send a current CV with a covering letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org If you have not received a response within 14 days you may assume your application has not been successful.