Paralegal Vacancy August 2019 London
GIAMBRONE is a highly prestigious international law firm and is currently looking for a hardworking and committed paralegal to support our civil and commercial litigation team in the City on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will be joining a team whose reputation for good quality advice and representation has been recognised internationally. As a paralegal, you will assist fee earners with the profitable management of their caseload whilst practising the highest codes of professional conduct and customer service.
Our staff are without a doubt our best asset and we reward performance, provide flexible working practices and positively encourage every individual’s contribution as to how we deliver services.
We offer excellent support and training opportunities – you should note that we recruit the firm’s trainees across our offices globally from internal candidates only.
The successful candidates work will include (but not be limited to):
- Legal research
- Litigation support
- Drafting, reviewing and amending materials, correspondence and documents
- Electronic and hard copy document management
- Various administrative duties as and when required
- Preparation of hearing bundles
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Document preparation and research requests
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content
- Developing cases by maintaining contact with all involved parties
- Writing letters before action (LBAs)
- Reviewing settlement offers
- Typing up and filing legal documents and correspondence
- Reviewing and reporting on claims
- Drafting and producing legal documentation
- Working to deadlines and coordinating calendars
- Maintaining communication with clients and informing them of updates and case progress
- Utilising Claims Management Systems to progress cases to completion
- Providing a high level of client service, including responding to ad hoc information
We require you to have achieved a First-Class law degree (or equivalent) and completed the LPC or BPTC. It would be advantageous to have had some experience of casework and Court proceedings. The ideal candidate will have a training contract secured for September 2020 and be free to start from August 2019.
Skills and behaviours:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to under pressure and meet deadlines
- Personally efficient and well organised
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and use own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Fully computer literate
Hours: full-time (minimum of 40 per week)
Salary: To be discussed based on experience
Start date: As soon as possible
Completed application forms together with a cover letter must be sent by email to: Roxanne.email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Friday 16th August