Charities and Not-for-profit
Our Charities and Not-for-Profit experts at Giambrone have an unmatched knowledge of the voluntary sector and organisations working within it.
We use our experience to give advice on all legal aspects that will allow Charities and Not for Profit organisations to operate more effectively and commercially following their objectives.
Our team have helped Not-for-Profit organisations and Charities constructing the right legal foundation for success.
Giambrone’s advice is customised exceptionally for the nature of issues in this sector and designed to provide practical solutions for problems as they arise.
We provide all the legal services necessary to the effective creation, organisation and ongoing governance and administration of Charities and Not-for-Profit entities, from administrative and governance matters, to compliance and regulatory issues, taxation matters, directors' duties and obligations, and members' rights. We are specialized in charity law assistance together with the organisation’s usual legal counsel.
Our services are extended to hospitals, healthcare service agencies, professional governing bodies and associations, community service agencies, universities, colleges, church and other religious organisations, cultural and heritage organisations, environment and environmental organisations, professional corporations, charitable organisations and community foundations.
Our expertise include:
- establishment of charities and advice on appropriate legal structures
- church, education and health charity law
- tax advice including making applications for charitable status to the Revenue Commissioners
- foreign operations of registered charities
- international charities
- donor advised funds
- reorganisation and restructuring of charities
- advising charities in relation to benefits and entitlements under wills or trusts
- defence of testamentary charitable gift will challenges and other estate matters including charitable gifts
- advice regarding structured ventures between charities and business entities
- director and trustee issues