Our multi-lingual international property team advise on all aspects of buying and selling property abroad.
At Giambrone, we have a team of expert, dedicated solicitors who specialise in international issues arising from buying property abroad to handling the division of foreign assets in the aftermath of an international divorce. We know how best to help you to achieve a positive outcome for your matter when the language and cultural barriers make it necessary to seek professional legal advice when buying and selling abroad.
Our international property team can assist with the purchase and sale of property all over the world and we have in-house lawyers to advise clients to buy or sell a property in Italy, France and Spain, together with the associated tax and inheritance planning issues. In particular, our areas of expertise includes Italian, French and Spanish inheritance laws/tax, cross-border estate planning, wills and codicils, property transfers on divorce and obtaining an NIE number for Spain.
We are familiar with the Italian, French and Spanish conveyancing systems and inheritance laws: our multi-lingual and multi-jurisdictional international property law approach enables our international property lawyers to advise on cross border matters; our experience and language skills will ensure your transaction runs as smoothly as possible and with minimal fuss.
Our international property package includes the following standard benefits:
- a complete end-to-end conveyancing service, explaining legal documents and providing independent advice in plain English
- thorough examination of contracts and / or other legal documents, explaining their implications and advising on the best way to proceed
- complete guidance to cross-border inheritance law / tax and the legal consequences of the transfer of estates
- tax planning including capital gains tax both in your home country and in the new jurisdiction where the property is located
- practical advice on issues such as transfer of funds, third party contracts, life and property insurance and obtaining Spanish ID (NIE) numbers or Italian codice fiscale
- drafting documents including certificates of law
- expertise in dealing with foreign powers of attorney, and, in-house, a team of Italian lawyers, French avocats and Spanish abogados
Our reputation is based on quality and we are very proud of the fact that a high proportion of clients return or recommend us.
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you with a wide variety of international property matters, you can arrange a discussion with our international property specialist.