Multi-jurisdictional expertise for all your employment law issues.
Our employment law team comprises employment lawyers and skilled specialists who enjoy collaborating with clients and thrive in the ever-changing arena of employment law.
Giambrone’s employment lawyers understand the difficulties encountered by businesses operating across borders and help organisations overcome the differing legal and cultural barriers to running a multinational business and navigate through new international standards and regional laws, such as European employment law.
We manage risk in relation to executive exits, support clients through exercises such as business restructures and handle our clients’ most reputationally sensitive and complex employee relations issues. We are able to provide this exceptional support thanks to our unique balanced practice model; this allows us to deal with all aspects of strategic advisory work, transactional involvement and contentious advice.
We understand that issues such as sickness absence, performance management, equality legislation and discrimination are high on the agenda of all businesses from small companies to large multinationals. We can also assist in complex pensions law issues and the need for robust reward and retention policies.
We design and roll out HR policies, review executive pay, co-ordinate employment cost-cutting exercises and manage industrial relations issues or complex pensions matters. We advise on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law, from the point of recruitment to eventual termination.
Our services cover the following areas:
- all aspects of recruitment including interview processes, the employer’s obligation to confirm the right to work, the engagement of self-employed contractors including the drafting of consultancy agreements, the rights of part-time or fixed term employees, the employment of non-standard employees such as temporary, casual or home-based workers, the national minimum wage.
- advice to both employees and employers on all aspects of employment contracts, including negotiating and drafting service agreements for senior executives and standard employment contracts for other employees;
- advising HR professionals on day to day issues such as the conduct of grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, references, retirement, dealing with long-term or persistent absence, employee rights to time off work etc;
- drafting and enforcing post-termination restrictions, confidentiality obligations and other clauses for employer protection;
- drafting internal policies and procedures including disciplinary and grievance procedures, Data Protection policies, family friendly policies, IT and communications use policies, Health and Safety policies, Equal Opportunities policies, anti-bullying and harassment policies and others;
- assisting with the employment aspects of restructuring and consequent redundancy issues, including advice on notification, consultation, selection, redeployment, termination and appeals;
- assistance to employers in negotiating the complexity of maternity and other family issues;
- employment law aspects of transfers of undertakings, including assisting employers in due diligence exercises and minimising the risk of consequent claims;
- all aspects of termination of employment from junior employees to senior executives, including assisting in negotiations for and the drafting of compromise agreements;
- advice and representation in Employment Tribunal including claims for unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, discrimination in all its forms, unlawful deduction from wages, breach of contract, equal pay claims etc;
- assistance to companies for transactions, internal restructurings or everyday company management. We can also help you manage any kind of HR crisis, from sensitive terminations to corruption investigations
We build relationships that are based on collaboration and forming a close partnership with our clients. We offer a responsive, flexible service, speaking our clients' language and reflecting their risk appetite and culture. The team's in-house and industry experience give us the customer focus and insider knowledge to ensure that the service we deliver is always fit for purpose.
If you require any further information about the services offered by the Employment team, or wish to make a specific enquiry, please contact us online here, or email us at: email@example.com.