Employment Tribunal Matters
Service & Fees
Giambrone & Partners LLP can advise both employees and employers on ordinary unfair dismissal and wrongful dismissal claims and more complex unlawful discrimination or whistleblowing claims. Our lawyers can also represent both employees and employers at the Employment Tribunal.
Timescales for the case may vary depending on factors such as lawyers’ availability, the complexity of the case, the need for additional documents and the other side’s approach. However, as a guide, more straightforward cases tend to have a hearing date four to six months of a claim being made.
Giambrone & Partners LLP charges principally by reference to the time spent on a matter in accordance with the Standard Terms and Conditions of Business.
For a straightforward unfair or wrongful dismissal claim lasting two days in an Employment Tribunal, which would involve many or all of the key stages set out below, it is anticipated that the fees (for either employer or employee clients) to total between £10,000 - £15,000 (plus VAT).
For more complicated or longer cases (such as those involving an element of unlawful discrimination or whistleblowing), the total fees will be significantly more than stated above and could amount to £40,000 - £50,000 plus VAT.
Usually the only expenses that would be payable are Counsel’s fees for a barrister to represent you at the Tribunal if that is thought appropriate. Counsel fees vary depending on the level of experience of the barrister and the complexity and length of the case but can usually be expected to range, for a two day hearing, between £2,000 and £6,500 plus VAT. These fees generally include the preparation for the case as well as attendance at the Tribunal.
Employment Tribunal proceedings for unfair or wrongful dismissal typically involve the following stages:
- Taking initial instructions, reviewing documents and advising on merits and likely compensation.
- Entering into ACAS Early Conciliation process (where mandatory) to see if settlement can be reached.
- Drafting and filing a claim form (ET1) for a claimant employee or a response form (ET3) for a respondent employer.
- Calculating and drafting a schedule of loss.
- Preparing and attending a Case Management Discussion or Preliminary Hearing (either in person or via telephone conference call).
- Complying with document disclosure process and agreeing a bundle of documents for any hearing(s).
- Meeting/discussing evidence and drafting witness statements.
- Liaising with the other party regarding a List of Issues and/or Chronology.
- Preparing for and attending a Final Hearing, including (if appropriate) instructing Counsel and attending Counsel in conference.
The fees are estimates only.
For a quotation, please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7183 9482 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org