The world of professional sport is a huge business with a specific and complex legal field.
Giambrone’s qualified sport lawyers are passionate about their specialisation and are able to understand not just the regulatory elements but also the commercial aspects related within this category.
Giambrone’s legal services include professional advice in the areas of:
- Intellectual Property and Brand Protection
- Corporate and Commercial Arrangements
- Dispute Resolution
- Reputation Protection
- Family and Wealth Management
We provide innovative and practical advice to sporting organisations, clubs, owners, sponsors, agents, governing bodies and talent on a wide variety of matters in an ample variety of sports. We also advise on the betting and gaming sector, on line and land-based, on a wide range of issues.
Our areas of expertise include:
- contractual matters – advising in relation to commercial contracts and arrangements including sponsorship advertising, licensing and endorsement agreements, player contracts, player/athlete management agreements and employment contracts
- corporate governance – advising on corporate governance and constitutional structures of sporting organisations
- dispute resolution - representing athletes in doping related cases
- employment - advising in respect of employment and industrial relations, workplace safety and restraints of trade
- intellectual property - advising athletes, sport clubs and international organisations on intellectual property law, including the use and protection of image rights, trademarks, and licensing
- property – advising in respect of stadium construction and maintenance, usage and sponsorship
- tax - advising athletes and sport entities on tax law and tax structuring