Banking and Finance
Giambrone’s banking and finance lawyers possess strong technical skills, problem-solving capabilities and a balanced approach to negotiations.
We have a wide range of expertise from general transactional banking, leveraged syndicated and acquisition finance to re-structurings and real estate finance. We represent Italian and non-Italian lenders, borrowers, private equity funds, government bodies, real estate and umbrella funds as well as institutional investors, in a wide range of international transactions.
Our extensive expertise in the banking, pensions and financial services law and our direct industry knowledge assist us to better serve our clients. The firm advises on an array of matters relating to banking law, including the granting of loans, property loan transactions and mortgages, syndication, collateral, security enforcement, professional secrecy, online banking transactions, e-commerce transactions and merchant accounts and general licencing and compliance issues.
Our multi-disciplinary group of lawyers are drawn from our Banking, Capital Markets, Corporate, Tax, Litigation and Real Estate departments and have an unrivalled depth of experience acquired from working with banks in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Recent cases include:
Property and development finance
- Assisting a German bank in connection with the refinancing of a market and consumer research corporation - (€750 million)
- Dealing with the acquisition of several commercial centres across Europe, four of which are located in Italy for a life assurance company.
- Assisting reinsurance company in connection with several debt/equity transactions related to the acquisition of commercial centres located in Italy
- Assisting energy company in connection with the multi-jurisdiction spin-off of a substantial part of its real estate portfolio, mostly by way of sale and leaseback (€2.1 billion)
- a major international bank in connection with the refinancing of a global manufacturing company (€240 million)
- a global private equity company in relation to the financing of the buyout of a major distribution company (€75 million)
- a major real estate company (as borrower) in relation to the financing of the acquisition of several buildings in Rome (€152 million)
- an independent German investment company (as borrower) in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a wireless communications company (€133.5 million)
- Assisting a construction/project financing company in connection with the financing of the construction of a hospital in Venice (€195 million)
- Assisting an electricity company in connection with the financing of an Italian cogeneration power plant in Gorizia (€100 million)
- Assisting an electricity company in connection with the negotiation of several Tolling Agreements related to co-generation power plants
- Assisting a Dutch bank in relation to a securitisation programme related to leasing receivables. (€650 million)
- Assisting a global bank on several repackaging transactions of notes collateralised through ABS (synthetic securitisation), through an SPV established pursuant to Law No. 130/99
- Assisting an Italian privately owned mechanical construction company and an Italian bank in structuring the securitisation of account receivables by the Chambers of Commerce
- Assisting major Italian banks and SGRs in the proposed reformation of several provisions of the regulation of financial activities
- Assisting the Ministry of the Treasury in the privatisation of its real estate portfolio valued in excess of €500 billion, and the related securitisation and property fund structures