- Master in Law (LLM) in International Dispute Resolution, The University of Law (London)
- Degree in Law, University of Palermo (Italy)
- Italy (Avvocato)
- Spain (Abogado)
- Year Joined:
Gabriele Giambrone is the Global Managing Partner and is head of the firm’s European Litigation and Arbitration team
Acting on behalf of investment banks, corporations, and investors, Gabriele’s practice focuses on high-stakes international litigation and arbitration and he is very experienced in cross-border disputes and multi-jurisdictional litigation.
He has extensive experience of litigation before the English, Italian and Spanish Courts (up to and including the Appellate divisions), the resolution of complaints, disputes and investigations before a number of regulatory authorities, international arbitration under the auspices of many of the major institutional rules, expert determination and other forms of ADR.
He specialises in the resolution of large, high-stakes and complex business and regulatory disputes and investigations and has litigated many of the most important cross-border disputes between Italy and England.
He is regularly retained on behalf of clients to provide strategic advice in respect of high-value litigation matters and to lead and coordinate large international commercial disputes.
He is ranked as a leading Italian lawyer in many of the top legal directories. A multilinguist, Gabriele has also practised in London, Milan and Barcelona.
- Acting in cross border litigation between two of the world’s leading TMC companies arising out of a breach of contract claim relating to a project for a UK government department.
- Acting in LCIA arbitration proceedings between two leading telecoms operators in relation to claims for breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation arising from the international supply of VOIP services.
- Acting for an ultra-high net worth Dubai investor in relation to a partnership dispute arising out of a US$1,4 billion global partnership agreement.
Gabriele's expertise extends in more than one direction; he advises private and commercial clients on issues of complex cross-border litigation and represents claimants and defendants in all jurisdictions on civil and commercial matters. He regularly appears at mediation and arbitration hearings, both in Italy and overseas.
Gabriele is a highly regarded Forex and binary options litigation expert and has been involved in the management of multifaceted claims in various jurisdictions for some time. He has been published in the financial media on the management of complex cross-border and multi-national Forex claims.
Gabriele has expertise in the hospitality industry, advising hotel chains on acquisitions, mergers and disposals. He has assisted in a number of cross-border transactions involving Europe and the Middle East.
In the News
Gabriele has been invited to speak at international conferences, particularly in Italy. He regularly provides commentary to the world's media, including Sky News in connection with the firm’s Grenfell Tower client, BBC Rip-off Britain and Channel 4, as an authoritative Italian lawyer. As well as the Times of Israel and Finance Magnates. [follow Gabriele's live commentary on Sky News in relation to the Amanda Knox murder trial]
Articles and Publications
Content coming soon...