Education: Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Business Transactions and Trade Law, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington DC (USA) - Degree in Law, at University “Federico II” of Napoli (IT) and Paris-Lodron Universität of Salzburg (A)
Year Joined: 2019
Languages: Italian - English - German
Vincenzo Senatore is a partner based alternately in both the London and Naples office.
He is dually qualified, Avvocato and Solicitor. Vincenzo has wide experience of a variety of jurisdictions and frequently pleads before Italian courts of any jurisdiction including the Supreme Court of Cassation. Vincenzo has full rights of audience in Tribunals, Coroners' Courts, Magistrates' Courts, County Courts, the Family Court European Courts and the European Court of Human Rights.
Vincenzo graduated at the “Federico II” University in Naples, and after completing his studies as Erasmus student at the Paris-Lodron Universität of Salzburg. He went on to gain experience in a number of high profile law firms Immediately prior to joining Giambrone he worked in the USA where he specialised in intellectual property related to human embryonic stem cells at the prestigious University of Stanford (CA). During that time, he passed the first test (MPRE) to become a California attorney, and also became Notary Public for the State of California.
Vincenzo has undertaken several post-graduate courses, including a course in Comparative Procedural law at the University of Salerno; a European workshop for International Criminal system; International and Humanitarian Law related to the European Initiative Democracy and Human Rights at Second University of Naples and the University Pantheon-Sorbonne, Paris; a course on Humanitarian and International Criminal Law at the Irish Centre for Human Rights, Galway; as well as a course on International Criminal Law, International Humanitarian and Human Rights Law at Salzburg University Faculty of Law, Austria.
Vincenzo’s professional activities have encompassed, amongst others, being on the Scientific Organizer Committee for the Conference on Anglo-American Law, June 16-17, 2006, Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats.. Court of Salerno. Italy. He was invited to speak at the Lecture on the Patentability of the biotechnological inventions in US and EU, Sep. 18, 2013 Lockey Stem Cells Building Research, Stanford University (USA)
Vincenzo has also been appointed to the Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law’s Alumni Council, Washington, DC. The prestigious Alumni Council forms the governing body of Catholic Law Alumni Association, formed in 2013 to endorse and advance the values, objectives, and well-being of The Catholic University of America and Columbus School of Law.
He is frequently invited to be a speaker in legal and commercial conferences and was a Speaker on the “European Union Competition Law”, November 23, 2005 Salerno Bar Association, Salerno. Italy.
Vincenzo advises clients in a broad range of matters including national and international businesses, focussing on complex cross-border issues, assisting in contentious commercial issues involving share price disputes, breaches of contract and merger and acquisition disputes.
Vincenzo is well-regarded for his astute analysis of complex situations and his agile ability to navigate the intricacies involved in cross-border disputes. He recognises that alternative dispute resolution (conciliation, mediation and arbitration) are often more suited to the best interests of the client. Where litigation is undertaken, Vincenzo is focused and rigorous in his pursuit of a successful outcome for our clients.
Vincenzo also has extensive experience in cross-border criminal cases from matters involving breaches of the peace to assisting and advising on suspicious deaths abroad.
In the News
He is also the author of many publications on prestigious international peer-review and he has published as first author on the world’s leading multidisciplinary science journal Nature Biotech. Vincenzo is in demand as a speaker at seminars and conferences, one of which can be viewed here
Vincenzo also was invited to take part in a BBC documentary, Inside Out, investigating the sudden death of a British citizen (former RAF pilot) who died in mysterious circumstances at the Lake of Como, the family of whom Vincenzo assisted in their attempt to establish the circumstances of their relative’s sudden death.
Articles and Publications
- Financial Consumers and Applicable Remedies: A European and Italian Framework. Publication date Jun 23, 2018 - Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018 In Chen TJ. (eds) An International Comparison of Financial Consumer Protection
- Financial Consumers and Applicable Provisions: A European and Italian Perspective. Publication date Apr 30, 2017 - International Review of Financial Consumers (Volume 2 (1)
- Commuting Accidents and Workers’ Compensation in Italy and in China - Policy Implications for Korea. Publication date: Dec 12, 2015 - Korean Social Security Studies, published by the Korean Social Security Association
- Patenting parthenotes in the US and Europe: The real nature of a parthenote determines its ultimate value. Publication date: Dec 9, 2015 - Nature Biotechnology
- Europe's Landmark Decisions on Stem Cells: For Inventors, Hope or Mere Illusions? A Guide for Overseas Inventors, Entrepreneurs, and IP Professionals. Publication date: July 15, 2015 - American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal 43-2 (The George Washington University Law School)
- Policy Design to introduce the commuting claims into statutory workers compensation in Korea. Publication date: January 28, 2015 - Korean Ministry of Employment and Labor
Vincenzo was invited to write an article for the International Bar Association in connection with the disclosure by arbitrators and circumstances which may give rise to justifiable doubts as to their impartiality, including, the consequences of failing to make such disclosure. These issues arise squarely in Halliburton Company v Chubb Bermuda Insurance Ltd.