How to make a medical negligence claim
Medical negligence claims can be complex, and getting the right advice early on is vitally important. If you have suffered an injury arising from negligent medical advice or treatment we can advise you and guide you through the process of making a claim for compensation. Our lawyers will be by your side every step of the way.
DO I HAVE A CASE FOR MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE?
To make a claim for medical negligence by acts or omissions in the provision of health care by medical professionals, investigation and evidence required.
Some of the common causes of medical negligence:
- Failure to examine.
- Failure to request further testing or to act on test results.
- Failure to recognise a patient’s obvious symptoms
- Misdiagnosing “red flag” symptoms
- Prescribing incorrect drugs or prescribing a mixture of drugs causing an adverse effect
- Negligent surgery
- Surgery undertaken by an inadequately qualified medical professional
- Childbirth injuries
- Wrong-site surgery and retained surgical instruments or swabs
- Incorrect administration of nasal or gastric tubes
- inadequate post-operative care
CAN I MAKE A MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE CLAIM?
Anyone who believes they have been harmed as a result of a negligent healthcare professional, medical treatment or misdiagnosis may be entitled to claim for compensation. The steps below will help you to understand how to make a medical negligence claim and how our solicitors can support you through the claim process.
STEPS TO MAKING A MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE CLAIM
- make a complaint to the hospital or healthcare provider before making a claim.
- your medical records will be required and an independent expert witness (which Giambrone can assist you with) will review the files and report on the findings.
- medical evidence and witness statements to support your claim will be required.
- our expert lawyers will make every effort to settle the matter before embarking on a court case to limit both the stress and costs.
There will be costs incurred from representing you in the claim. Giambrone may extend a ‘no win, no fee’ agreement, in certain circumstances.
If you would like further information regarding a medical negligence claim, please click here or if you would like legal advice, contact us today. We have a team of specialist lawyers who are experts in medical negligence claims and can support you through the process of making a claim. Call us on +44 (0) 207 183 9482 to discuss your case or complete our online claim form.