Setting up a company in Spain
If you are interested in doing business in Spain then setting up a company is best and most obvious first step. Giambrone’s lawyers in the commercial team in Spain have extensive experience in assisting British businesses to set up a company in Spain. However, there are various alternative+ routes to entering the Spanish market such as a collaborative venture.
There are broadly three types of company structures:
- Autónomo – Sole Trader (self employed)
- S.L. Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada – Limited Company
- S.A. Sociedad Anónima – Corporation
The other options are to buy an existing Spanish company or to undertake a joint venture with an existing Spanish company.
Giambrone offers a bespoke service and will take the time to understand your objectives so as to be able to best guide and advise you as to the best way forward to achieve your stated objectives in the shortest time. We can assist with the following:
- NIE – foreigner’s tax identification number
- Registration with the Registro Mercantil Central (RMC) for an S.L.
- Application for Certificado de Identificacion fiscal (CIF) company tax number.
- Open a business bank account
- Deed of Incorporation
- Registration of the company with the Registro Mercantil, the Spanish Register of limited companies
- EORI Registration
- Registration of directors for social security and occupational accident insurance purposes
- EU VAT Registration
- CIF VAT Registration
The commercial lawyers in Giambrone’s Barcelona office can further assist you with other issues such as employment law, intellectual property and commercial leases.