Setting up a company in Spain
If you would like to do business in Spain by setting up a company in Spain or establishing a branch of your UK business in Spain, there are various ways of establishing a commercial presence Spain. It is strongly recommended before attempting to gain commercial traction or trading links with Spain, that a full understanding of the legal issues, including the tax position, is established.
Giambrone’s expert corporate and commercial lawyers in Spain have a wealth of experience in advising and assisting British businesses in setting up company structures in Spain. Our lawyers can advise you on the best company structure for your business and explain all legal aspects you must consider in your own language. Our experienced commercial and international teams can provide all the advice and practical solutions you will need to succeed in your new venture.
There are a number of alternative routes to entering the Spanish commercial market, our lawyers can advise on c
- commercial agreements,
- trading arrangements,
- shareholder agreements,
- joint ventures
- choice of commercial structure,
- Autónomo – Sole Trader (self employed)
- S.L. Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada – Limited Company
- S.A. Sociedad Anónima – Corporation
- cross border restructuring
- Spanish employment law
- business immigration issues
- commercial real estate
- intellectual property
Giambrone offers a bespoke service, as every business is different and has different requirements, we take the time to understand your objectives so as to advise you as to the best way to achieve your objectives in the shortest time.
We can offer practical assistance with the following:
- NIE – foreigner’s tax identification number
- Registration with the Registro Mercantil Central (RMC) for an S.L.
- Application for Certificado de Identificacion fiscal (CIF) company tax number.
- Open a business bank account
- Deed of Incorporation
- Registration of the company with the Registro Mercantil, the Spanish Register of limited companies
- EORI Registration
- Registration of directors for social security and occupational accident insurance purposes
- EU VAT Registration
- CIF VAT Registration
If you require further information or advice from our team of specialist lawyers, please contact a member of our Client Relations Team by: