The Italian Department at Giambrone consists of a team of Italian lawyers with many years experience in assisting English and international clients with investments, transactions and disputes with an Italian aspect. We have considerable experience in providing general advice on Italian law to meet the needs of both English and Spanish speaking clients. Our Italian lawyers can provide advice and expert opinions on issues of Italian law in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and Arabic.
We provide a seamless and integrated approach for our foreign clients to ensure that instructions are processed quickly, thoroughly and within the agreed timescales. Our bilingual Italian law team can as easily advise in English as in Italian.
We are routinely instructed by clients from all over the world and just as frequently we are appointed to act as Italian Counsel on the instructions of foreign solicitors, lawyers or American attorneys.
At Giambrone, we recognise that our English speaking (or non-Italian speaking) clients need assistance to navigate the cultural and linguistic hurdles presented by Italian legal issues.
Our team has considerable local knowledge and a particular understanding of the Italian legal system and from the outset we explain issues in plain language so as to enable our clients to make strategic choices with complete confidence and control.
The team is led by Alessandro Gravante, Senior Partner and a leading lawyer with Superior Rights of Audience before the Supreme Court. He routinely provides Italian legal advice in the form of an expert reports on Italian law in the context of English proceedings, acting as expert adviser and has frequently appeared as an Italian law expert in several proceedings in England & Wales, Scotland and in the U.S.
Our Italian solicitors are consistently instructed to provide Expert Opinions on Italian Civil, Commercial (including insolvency) and Private International Law for use in Court proceedings and international arbitrations.
Some recent examples of our significant cases:
- We have provided a complex legal opinion on Italian law in the context of a European commercial transaction valued in excess of €35M with assets located (also) in Italy
- We have provided Italian legal advice in the form of an affidavit of Italian law in the context of English Court proceedings
- We have advised an international PR Company on aspects of Italian law for expert opinion to be provided to the High Court of England and Wales in a case concerning patent infringement
- We have acted as expert on Italian law in respect of a cross-border divorce case to determine the validity of a “separation of estate” deed executed in Italy
- We have recently been instructed by a City law firm who acted for the estate of a famous Italian personality (deceased in the UK) to provide a legal opinion on Italian law to obtain Letters of Administration from the Probate Registry of the Family Division of the High Court of England & Wales.
- We have advised a leading matrimonial law firm in London on the application of Italian law to a couple’s assets held in a trust subject to Italian law
- We have advised the children of an Italian citizen deceased in London in respect of assets in Italy in the context of an English probate
- We have submitted authoritative legal opinions to HMRC on issues of domicile, residence and habitual residence under Italian law to correctly apply the “non-dom” tax legislation in the administration of cross border estates of significant value.
A large number of these cases have been fought on a multi-jurisdictional level involving close co-operation with lawyers of different jurisdictions acting in parallel proceedings.
Should you have any questions please contact our Client Services Team on +44 207 183 9482 or via email to email@example.com
Alternatively, contact us online clicking here